Please let us know if you find any links which aren’t working or info that needs updating
NB please check event details ahead of time as some info may have changed since publication especially in light of the recent Coronavirus COVID19 lockdown – for more info click here
* Lewisham LGBTQI Book Club – monthly book reading group run by Lewisham LGBT Forum which encourages members to read books of LGBTQI interest, with no pressure to read a whole book a month. Regular visits and readings from LGBTQI authors and readings by what other members have enjoyed. Book themes encouraged but no set text. Meets on the last Monday of the month, at Lewisham Library, 199-201 Lewisham High Street, London SE13 6LG at 7pm-8.30pm.
* TAGS – London Transgender and Gender non-conforming swimming group – meets every Friday at 8pm at the Glassmill Leisure Centre in the café area (Glassmill is opposite Lewisham DLR/Train station). Pool used is a training pool which is made private through use of shutters. Changing rooms separate from main pool and a choice of masculine identified or feminine identified but users can choose which they would feel more comfortable in. Monthly ‘Significant Others’ swims for approved friends/guests of regular swimmers. Cost is £3.65 to swim. http://on.fb.me/1QFo6cs or http://tagswim.co.uk/ (swimming lessons are available at their sister-group which meets in Swiss Cottage – see their Facebook page for details).
* Quaggy Pride Project – LGBTQ Young People’s Discussion Group. A support group for LGBTQ young people aged 14-18. A non-judgmental space where sexual orientation and gender identity can be freely expressed, whilst the issues facing our community can be explored. Every Friday 4pm to 5.30pm at The Holy Trinity Centre, Bennett Grove, Lewisham SE13 7RF. Tel: 020 8465 9785. Free to attend.
* METRO Live, Shine, Snap, Bridge, Star and Spark – free and confidential youth groups and service for LGBTQ young people aged 16-25 in Lewisham, Greenwich and Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth and Southwark. Meet weekly in boroughs they represent – please contact for more specific location info. Socials, activities and trips – for more information please contact email@example.com or Tel: 020 8305 5004 | www.metrocharity.org.uk
* Zest – LGBTQ youth group for under 16s from Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich or Lewisham – meet weekly from 4.30pm to 6.30pm (meeting currently in Bexleyheath). Social, activities and trips. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0208 305 5004 www.metrocharity.org.uk
* METRO Trans Youth Support – Trans Youth Support Worker and monthly Trans youth drop-in held once a month on the last Wednesday of the month in Vauxhall. Contact email@example.com for more information or call 0208 305 5004 | www.metrocharity.org.uk
* LGBT Mental Health Advocacy Service and Social Drop-in – weekly drop-in run by Metro Charity where people can socialise, speak to advocates, seek support or discuss mental health issues and gain help accessing services. Monthly programme of events and activities. Every Thursday 12.30pm until 3.30pm at METRO Woolwich, 1st Floor Equitable House, 7 General Gordon Square, London SE18 6FH. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 020 8305 5009
* London Gay and Lesbian Friends Meetup meet every Monday at the Ye Olde Rose and Crown pub in Greenwich on Crooms Hill SE10 8ER from 1400 until 1600 http://meetu.ps/c/3sZz4/hY1gn/a
* Opening Doors London Pub Club – monthly social group for older LGBT+ people meeting in an LGBT pub in Greenwich, 7pm until late on the third Thursday of every month at Ye Olde Rose & Crown (Greenwich), 1 Crooms Hill, London SE10 8ER. For more information contact ODL on 020 7239 0400 or visit www.openingdoorslondon.org.uk
* Fifty Plus – social and support group on the last Tuesday of every month for LGBT people over the age of fifty. Email Norman on email@example.com or 07912514465 – usually meet from 2pm-4pm at Metro Woolwich, 1st Floor Equitable House, 7 General Gordon Square, Woolwich SE18 6FH. www.metrocharity.org.uk
* Charlton Invicta – amateur LGBTQ inclusive/friendly men’s football team who are in current partnership with Charlton Athletic and who are FA affiliated. Train at Charlton Athletic Football grounds weekly. Twitter: @CharltonInvicta | https://www.facebook.com/CharltonInvicta
* Remnants Women’s Hockey Club – Gay/Bi women’s hockey club. Training on Monday evenings in Beckenham/Bellingham and play in Kent Women’s league on Saturdays from Sept to March, 7.30pm-9pm and training/friendly games the rest of the year. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @RemnantsHockey Facebook: remnantshockey www.remnantshockey.org.uk
* Blackheath Women’s Rugby Club – Gay-friendly women’s rugby club. Train on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1930 to 2130 at Well Hall, Kidbrooke Lane, Eltham for any women (18+) regardless of experience or ability. www.blackheathrugby.co.uk/womens/ email: email@example.com Twitter: @BWRFC Facebook: BlackheathWRFC
* South East Parakeets – Lesbian/Bisexual women inclusive women’s football practice / team. Have most of their practices and games south of the borough either at Downham Playing Fields or Bellingham Leisure Centre. Practice sessions on Wednesdays from 8pm until 10pm (Cost: £3). Always looking for new players who are 18+. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @ParakeetsFC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParakeetsFC
* Queer Kickabout South – Informal and all ability levels welcome for a friendly football kickabout in Burgess Park weekly on Saturdays (meet next to the tennis courts). Saturdays from 1400 hours until 1600 hours. No special equipment needed. All pronouns/genders/bodytypes welcome. See their facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/496603590783251
* Pink Walrus – monthly LGBT+ night upstairs at The Signal Pub, 7 Devonshire Road, Forest Hill, London SE23 3HE on the last Friday of the month from 7.30pm-1am. DJs, cocktails, drag queens/cabaret. £5 admission. www.thesignalpub.com – www.outsavvy.com/the-pink-walrus | www.facebook.com/pinkwalrusevents
* Electric Watermelon – new monthly LGBT night on the first Saturday of every month. Live acts, DJs, giveaways at the Fox and Firkin Pub, 316 Lewisham High Street, Lewisham SE13 6JZ www.foxfirkin.com Twitter: @foxfirkin
* Metropolis Bar in Bromley has a monthly LGBT karaoke night on the first Thursday of the month from 7.30pm until 11.30pm. 256a High Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1PG Twitter: @MetropolisBR1 Website: www.metropolisbar.co.uk
* Out in Bromley – new bi-weekly social group in Bromley borough for anyone who is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Questioning. Meets every other Tuesday at 1.30pm in Bromley. For more details contact them on Twitter: @outinbromley or Email: email@example.com
* South London Lesbian and Bisexual Mum’s Group – Social group for Lesbian and Bisexual women headed families and their children meeting monthly in East Dulwich. There is a cost to attend but the first meeting is free. They advertise most meetings on the Meetup app or see their Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/sllmg/ Next meeting on Sunday 10th February from 1500-1700 at Goose Green Community Centre, 62a East Dulwich Road, Nunhead SE22 9AT.
* LGBT Families London Group (for children aged 6 and under or prospective parents) Meetup meet regularly (3rd Saturday of the month) at the Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre, 108 Stamford Street, South Bank SE1 9NH from 1000-1200. More info on their Meetup group. http://meetu.ps/c/dtwp/hY1gn/a
* Jacky’s Jukebox – Mixed Gay/Straight varied dance night – ballroom/line dancing, salsa, Latin, Tango, quickstep (no lessons). First Saturday of every month 7.30pm to midnight at the Rivoli Ballroom, 350 Brockley Road, SE4. www.jackysjukebox.co.uk
* Lewisham Unitarians – local branch of the open faith community who celebrate diverse beliefs. LGBTQI+ affirming. Can conduct same sex ceremonies/weddings. Also have yoga, meditation and healing, drumming circles, death café, book discussions and more. Regular meetings every Sunday at 11am at the Meeting House, 41 Bromley Road, London SE6 2TS http://lewishamunity.org.uk
* Open Table – a Christian worship community offering a warm welcome to people who are LGBTQIA and to all who seek an inclusive church. They now have a safe sacred space for LGBTQIA Christians on the 4th Sunday of every month at The Church of the Ascension, Blackheath, Dartmouth Row SE10 8AN www.opentable.lgbt
* Shabby-She Lesbian Social – Monthly meeting for ladies in Penge at The Bridge House Tavern, 2 High Street, Penge, every 4th Friday of the month at 7.30pm (near to Penge West station). 30-40 women usually attend (all ages). Venue is dog-friendly. Lower level is exclusive for the Shabby She meet-up.
* LGBTQ Culture Club have regular free socials at the M1 Fine Art Gallery, 20 Nelson Road, Greenwich. More info on their Meetup page. http://meetu.ps/c/3RzMz/hY1gn/a or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/662530337415619/
* Greenwich Lesbian Group – regular meetings who meet via Meet-Up app/website. https://www.meetup.com/Greenwich-Lesbian-Group/
* Greenwich/Woolwich LGBTQ Social Group – meet-up group doing outings like visits to brewery, historical places of interest etc. For more info see their Meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/Greenwich-Woolwich-LGBTQ-Social-Group/
* TransPals – south London based social support group for Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming people. Meet on the second Saturday of every month in Croydon from 8pm until 11.30pm – contact for more information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: transpals.org.uk
* Lewisham Neighbourhood Gay Men’s Group – Meetup group which meets monthly and has other announcements and events, such as theatre trips, walks and wine tasting evenings. More info on their Meetup group: https://www.meetup.com/Lewisham-Neighbourhood-Gay-Mens-Group/
* Blackheath Gay Men’s Yoga – weekly Yoga class for Gay men and their friends Blackheath – suitable for beginners or those with existing practice. Every Thursday at 19:00 hours to 20:30 hours at the Quaker Meeting House, 2 Lawn Terrace, Blackheath, London.
Wear loose, comfortable shorts and a t-shirt and water to drink. Mats are provided but you are also welcome to bring your own. Cost: £15 – pre booking is essential: http://bit.ly/MGY-BLACKHEATH-MEN-IB
* Haven – Weekly LGBTQ social group in Bexley Borough which meets in Bexleyheath, Kent at 7.30pm every Friday. On the 1st, 2nd and 3rd week of the month they meet at Age UK Pop In Parlour on Graham Road DA1 4BH. On the 4th Friday of the month they meet at ASDA and on the 5th week they go out for a meal. £3 charge (waged) or £2 (unwaged) to hire the meeting place. Also do other events throughout the year – such as rambles and day trips. For more information contact Robert: 01322 287 356 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BexleyGay
* Weekly improvisation sessions for Queers and Allies – improvisation sessions suitable for any level including warm up games and icebreakers and then scene games. Thursdays 7pm-9pm at the Feminist Library, 5 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7XW. Recommended donation £10 in cash. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/improvisation-session-for-queers-and-allies-tickets-46612262532